Running an auto dealership has become increasingly difficult. Whether you own a large or small dealership, you must wrestle with many challenges and changes impacting your industry. Some of those obstacles include:
- Increased competition: Online-only dealerships are giving brick-and-mortar dealerships a run for their money, forcing traditional auto dealers to find unique tactics to engage car shoppers.
- Labor shortages: Staff shortages are wreaking havoc on the auto industry, with 57 percent of car dealers recently claiming to be understaffed. The hope that this reality will change is grim—80 percent of auto dealers expect the issue to worsen in the short term.
- Sales stress: The demand for cars is maintaining healthy levels. However, meeting that demand with a smaller workforce is adding stress to sales teams, making an already challenging job more difficult.
- Transition to online sales: Today’s car buyers are mostly millennials, and many of them enjoy using online tools to look for vehicles instead of immediately visiting a dealer’s lot. This change in shopping behavior means auto dealerships must quickly shift their sales processes online.
- Reduced dealer loyalty: In an age of many options, dealer loyalty has taken a hit. The percentage of people loyal to a specific dealership has reduced by 1.6 percent.
Eventually, these issues won’t be too prevalent, as they are fixable. But until they’re gone—or at least less significant—you’ll have to face them every day at work. The worst part? You’ll have to navigate these various obstacles while still doing tedious tasks like processing dealer tags and titles for car buyers.
Fortunately, you can alleviate your burden by implementing a creative solution to get tags and titles quickly and without errors. However, before revealing that solution, let’s briefly walk through why you should even consider implementing the tactic.
Three Challenges of Getting Dealer Tags and Titles
Working with the DMV is never easy. Regardless of the state that your dealership is in, you typically face three problems when trying to secure dealer tags and titles for your customers.
1. Long wait times
No matter what you’re getting at the DMV, you have to wait hours in line or on the phone to start the process of retrieving what you need. It doesn’t matter if you require simple documents like dealer tags and titles—you’ll have to endure a lengthy wait to deliver your car buyers the desired documents.
The unfortunate part is that you don’t have the capacity to take three to four hours out of your day to focus on DMV tasks, especially when you’re trying to handle consumer demand, work overtime to compensate for labor shortages, and take on more responsibilities to ease your sales team’s stress.
2. Trouble navigating the website
Trying to get dealer tags and titles on the DMV’s website isn’t any easier than waiting in line or on the phone. While the online option is nice, the DMV’s website isn’t intuitive. Finding the forms to fill out and understanding all of the instructions can be a hassle, increasing the amount of time it takes to give your car buyers their tags and titles.
3. Submitting the correct forms
With DMV rules always changing, it’s hard to know if you’re submitting forms correctly. It’s easy to make mistakes, and if you’ve been in the auto industry long enough, you’ve probably made a few.
From filling out the wrong documents to providing the wrong information to skipping sections you don’t think apply to you, there are many ways things can go wrong when trying to complete DMV forms. And making mistakes always require you to backtrack and ask car buyers to wait even longer for their tags and titles.
How to Get Dealer Tags and Titles Hassle-Free
Sidestepping all the headaches that come with the DMV is one of the best things you can do to focus on the challenges your auto dealership—and the industry at large—is experiencing. But how do you complete that sidestep? To process dealer tags and titles quickly and accurately, you should work with a private DMV services company like Barry Risk Management.
With over 30 years of experience in the DMV industry, our team knows the requirements you must follow to get your customers’ tags and titles, regardless of the state your business is in. We have the connections and expertise to ensure your car buyers receive what they need in a timely manner, and we provide everything using a straightforward, intuitive online platform so that you never have to leave your office or sit for hours on the phone.
When working with us, you can focus solely on sales and all the other responsibilities and challenges your dealership is experiencing. Additionally, allowing us to retrieve your dealer tags and titles unlocks many other benefits, like the following:
- Increase in customer satisfaction: Since we do everything online and bring decades of experience and connections to the table, your customers will get what they need quickly, increasing their satisfaction with your business.
- Decrease in administrative hours: Instead of spending time on administrative tasks, you and your team can focus on the tasks that matter most, like attracting car buyers and meeting their needs.
- Elimination of errors: Working with experts means zero errors on titles, tags, or forms that must be completed to get the DMV documents your customers need. With that advantage, your dealership’s DMV process will be so streamlined that you’ll never have to worry about backtracking again.
Working with a private DMV services company like ours to get your dealer tags and titles will be a game-changer for your business. By having us retrieve what your customers need, you’ll give your team the ability to redirect energy toward the efforts that’ll keep your dealership afloat—and in today’s complex, competitive environment, that’s exactly what your company needs.
For assistance in getting dealer tags and titles, contact our representatives at 1-888-995-TAGS(8247).